The latest version of Draftsight, Version 1R3 was released yesterday.
“What are the changes?” I hear you ask, well first and foremost. I’ll try to give some of the highlights below.
- Align Viewport command: This feature adds new functionality to the VIEWPORT command to align viewports by picking on the geometry inside of a viewport. Users will be able to align viewports horizontally and vertically by selecting on entities within each view port. Objects snaps can be used for precise location.
- Revision Cloud command: This tool helps to highlight annotations and other objects. There will be a variety of shapes to choose from such as rectangular, elliptical and freehand.
- In-place TEXT Editor: DraftSight now supports an in-place text editor for note and simple note.
- Explode text: Text can be exploded into editable entities using the EXPLODETEXT command.
- Memory Improvement: Significant improvements in reducing the memory consumed when opening drawings. (Up to 30% less memory than V1R2.1.)
- Windows 8 Support: DraftSight V1R3 is supported on Windows 8 64-bit.
- 64 bit version: DraftSight has now introduced a 64-bit version for Windows.
- Users need to port their 32-bit add-ins to the 64-bit platform for the add-ins to work on 64-bit machines since V1R3 blocks 32-bit installations of DraftSight on 64-bit OS. (If you’re not sure if your version is 32-bit or 64-bit read this post: https://swym.3ds.com/#post:14677)
- Some signatures to the API were changed so C++ add-ins need to be recompiled using the new C++ SDK.
To read more about this update, check out this post on the support forums.
To download the latest version of DraftSight, head over to www.draftsight.com